Tuesday 26 July 2011

My designs:






This is my design for the interior of the foyer which we were asked to design, as seen on the Aedas presentation. I used the murals around Brixton to create the ideas for it, and I used the flower desins I had found on the internet to create specific sections. I think that the representes the skills I have learnt during the project as, as I was creating it I tried to be aware of the range of people who would be viewing it and the ways it might detract from the surrounding environment. I drew heavily from the styles of Axel Peermoller and Ikea designers like Camilla Diedrich to create this piece. I used them both as they both create interesting, visually pleasing artworks which do not detract from the surrounding environment. I really tried hard to create something which was beautiful whilst being hip and inviting. Like Axel, I used bold insinuating imagery to create this piece, and I told from designers from Ikea by using bold lines and colours. I really liked this outcome as it merges all aspects I liked about brand, but if I could do it again I would probably spend more time defining my colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment