Tuesday 26 July 2011

BRIT logo

Re-design of the Brit School logo.
I spent some time thinking about what the logo communicates to me as an individual, and I found that in general I disliked it because:
It is ubiquitous enough to be non-descript rather than familiar. I think that it doesn’t really say much about our school as a whole, apart from the fact that it is a humane place(?).
I also think that it represents dance rather than any other strand because of the movement, without including any of the academic, creative or community features of the school.
I also think that the colour scheme could be more inclusive of all the tones etc.
I think that what the logo does do well is create an exciting feel, and I wanted to keep this.
Some ideas of things I came up with for the new logo was:
A different type of image: for example more than one figure engaged in some activity
Something that represents what BRIT does outside of teach, for example enable to go onto different futures
An image that communicates a different side of BRIT, for example someone literally reaching for the stars.


I did, however, think that this was a bit too similar to the original one, so I tried changing the abstract nature of the shapes to a different one which had more semblance to a trendy image. I used the picture below, by Kao Katrelli, a graphic designer, to inspire my final logo design:



I really liked this logo because I feel it encompasses a sense of what the BRIT school really does: help people achieve their dreams. I think that this logo does it in a non-cheesy way, responding to the information from my questionnaies, which helps me develop the ways i resepond to clients and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment