Tuesday 26 July 2011

More inspirations...




I really liked the plain walls in this image and the way they indicate a certain place in the room. I think that I might use this in my final design as it is a good way of wayfinding through the use of colour. I like the way the wall is comforting rather than being oppressive and I like the way it is painted in a jagged outline. I think that I will definitely bear this technique in mind as it is reminiscent of childhood while being bold and inviting at the same time.
I wanted to think about the way fixtures in the room will affect the rest of it and how we could work with this: some of the people in my questionnaire expressed an interest in curved lines when making the new reception, as they said that they really liked the shape of the newest building. I think that if we did go for a curved theme when branding, it would be important to make furniture which would incorporate this, which could then affect our wayfinding. For example, if we had a curved edge, we could work with loopy, curved writing and maybe something similar in the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment